Monday 21 July 2014

Patience, patience

The cover for Stargate SG-1: Hostile Ground is currently with MGM for final approval.  I'm so excited to show it off - it's perfect for this book - but I'll have to be patient a little longer.  In the meantime here's a sneak peek at the blurb.

STARGATE SG-1: Hostile Ground by Sally Malcolm & Laura Harper

Watch your step...

It was meant to be an easy mission, a walk in the park. But SG-1’s first trip off-world after Colonel O’Neill’s return from Edora (STARGATE SG-1: One Hundred Days) proves to be anything but easy.

Tapped for a covert assignment, O’Neill must conceal the truth from his team at all costs. So when Dr Daniel Jackson is injured and the mission begins to go awry, tensions quickly reach a breaking point. Stranded on a hostile planet, and desperate to find a way home before it’s too late, O’Neill leads his fractured team on a desperate journey across a barren and forsaken world.

Faced with an enemy more vicious than anything they’ve encountered before, only SG-1’s strength as a unit will keep them alive — if the secret O’Neill is hiding doesn’t tear them apart first...

Stargate SG-1: Hostile Ground is scheduled for publication for eBook in mid-August, and in paperback in early September.  Can't wait!

8 comments:

  1. Awesome. I can't wait to read this. I'll be checking for a kindle copy every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, first person to comment on my new blog! :D

      I'm happy to say that you won't need to check kindle every day, because I can confirm that Hostile Ground will be released for eBook on 14 August, with the paperback available from 1 September. I really hope you like it when you get hold of a copy. :)

      Thanks again for commenting!

      Delete
    2. 14 August? Great. Will bookmark it. Are you going to let us Stargate starved fans read a snippet out of the novel - like a page or three??? Pleaaaase???

      Delete
    3. I definitely will! I've got the cover and an extract to share over the next day or so. :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful cover! It say's that it is book one of a series. How exciting is that!!
    Oh I'm soooo looking forward to getting my copy. I've noticed that months seem a lot longer when there is a Stargate book to be had at the end of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love it. And yes, Hostile Ground is the first in a trilogy - with the possibility of more afterward, if people like it. (Fingers crossed) I hope you enjoy it when it comes out - and that you'll let me know what you think of it once you've read it! :)

      Delete
    2. Absolutely. I always give reviews for Stargate books on Amazon. Love that your book is part of a trilogy as well. Besides the fabulous duology that you wrote there haven't been any complex stories for SG-1. Hope you enjoyed the recent convention as well. I would have loved to be there had I not lived on the other side of the planet (Australia).

      Delete
    3. Oh thank you. Reviews are so important to authors, especially on Amazon. So I doubly hope you enjoy it. :)

      The convention is actually this coming weekend. I fly out on Thursday to the States. I'll be posting some pics and a write up once I'm back. I'm looking forward to it, although a little nervous. ;)

      Delete

London Film and Comic Con – 2017

We had an awesome time at LFCC 2017!  The hall was buzzing all three days with that special atmosphere of fun, acceptance, and escapism...